SERVICES INCLUDED IN INSPECTION
A thorough examination will reveal the condition of the visible portions of your future home.
GJHI will provide you with a qualified, unbiased professional home inspection. Our home inspection reports can be printed on site, enabling you to leave the home with report in hand. A copy of the report will also be uploaded to a secure server, with an automatic notification sent to your email address giving you instructions on how to retrieve your report. Along with the report you will receive a "owners manual for your home."
Our home inspectors are members of the American Society of Home Inspectors and adhere strictly to ASHI's Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
In order to provide you with an understanding of what we are observing during the home inspection, we strongly encourage you to attend and participate in your home inspection. This provides you with the invaluable opportunity to ask questions and get the answers you need to make an informed decision.
The easy to read report you will receive is extensive and highly detailed (with pictures of systems inspected). It includes the condition of all the major systems and structural elements of the house. Items covered in the report include:
- Gutters and downspouts.
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations.
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings.
- Eaves, soffit and fascia.
- Grading and drainage.
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace.
- Water penetration and foundation movement.
- Heating and Cooling systems.
- Main water shut off valves.
- Water heating system.
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets.
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- Electrical service line and meter box.
- Main disconnect and service amperage.
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses.
- Grounding and bonding.
- GFCI's and AFCI's.
- Fireplace damper door and hearth.
- Insulation and ventilation.
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers.
- And much more.
Armed with the information the report will provide, you can make your decision with confidence to move transaction forward to completion.